I’ve been thinking I need to get back to some good habits, and it just so happened that I got a notice that MDA is starting the 2015 21-Day Challenge today! So over the next 3 weeks I’m going to try to be mindful of my eating and of other habits – let’s see what happens.
After my daughter was born the weight just melted off, and then some, through basically no effort of my own. My lowest point was mid 150s and I felt terrific. BUT… I think I was lulled into a false sense of complacency. My diet is all over the place and the weight has crept back up to my pre-pregnancy weight plus another 10 lbs, so I’m now back to the low 170s. My clothes are in some cases uncomfortably tight. It’s no good. Other than still avoiding wheat (let’s face it, only when it’s convenient) I’m not really eating primally. I need to work on eating more veggies and less starch.
Here are my goals for the next 21 days:
- Cut out the evening snacking. If I feel I really need a snack, eat something low-carb.
- Take my probiotic and vitamins daily.
- Get more sleep. On regular nights I’d like to be in bed reading a book by 9:30 with lights out by 10.
- Move more. I started back at Zumba tonight and will do either that or yoga every week, but ideally both. Zumba is so fun and it feels really good to do it. Plus if I’m at Zumba I’m not sitting at home wanting to snack!
- Be mindful of carb and fat intake at meals. Remember that if I’m cutting carbs there needs to be lots of fat to keep me feeling full and satisfied. Meal planning will help with this.
- Keep working on my water intake and do my pelvic floor exercises.
I’m not making a specific weight loss goal but hope that these small changes will result in some pounds being shed and overall energy improved. I would also love to boost my immunity to reduce my chances of getting sick again (just getting over a cold now).
What I ate today…
breakfast: couple slices of cheese, bit of fruit, coffee with cream [not enough of a breakfast; was in a hurry and wasn’t really focusing]
snack: bran muffin and coffee (at a friend’s house)
lunch: leftover fish & chips, cut veggies, dip, leftover cake from party yesterday
supper: baked fish, sweet potato homefries, steamed veggies, butter
after supper: tea
Today was not a good food day at all! Going to bed at 10pm feeling fairly hungry after Zumba.